Veteran Affairs Members
DVA Health Card Benefits for Chiropractic
- Is your body too tired & achy to enjoy life?
- Are your concentration & energy levels low?
- Are you stressed, depressed and/or anxious?
- Do you have poor sleep? Do you have chronic pain?
We are asked regularly about chiropractic care for Veteran Affairs members. The good news is that you are eligible for chiropractic care! At Wholistic Health Centre, we are pleased to provide quality care to DVA (Department of Veteran Affairs) members.
Accessing This Benefit
You must be referred to Chiropractor Dr John Infante at Wholistic Health Centre who is able to provide services under the Medicare Benefits Scheme. A referral can be issued by a:
- Local Medical Officer (LMO)
- General Practitioner
- Medical Specialist
- Treating doctor in hospital
- Hospital Discharge Planner, or a;
- Chiropractor with a current referral.
Up to three initial consultations can be claimed in a 12 month referral period. Each initial must be for a new episode of care or a new and unrelated condition. Treatment for White Card holders must be related to an accepted disability. Eligibility must be established prior to commencement of treatment.
- Cannot be claimed on the same day as an initial consultation for the same patient.
- Should be claimed for ongoing treatment of a musculoskeletal condition.
- Two subsequent consultations cannot be claimed on the same day.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
If you hold a DVA health card, and would like to know more, please contact us. Or why not take advantage of our complimentary pre-consultations!