Chiropractic Care at Wholistic Health CentreAt Wholistic Health Centre, we’re proud to offer patients a variety of chiropractic techniques designed to jump-start the healing process within your own body. Chiropractic care uses physical or manual therapy that may include soft tissue work, adjustments and spinal manipulation. All of our styles are extremely focused and gentle, designed with you in mind. We’re proud to offer the following techniques to patients of all walks of life:
- Diversified: In this technique, the chiropractor will feel your spinal joints and adjust them as you turn or bend. Patients may hear a “popping” sound, which is simply gas or fluid shifting in the joint.
- Activator Method: A small handheld instrument, the Activator Method relies on the use of a computer to identify alignment issues and then gently ‘taps’ the spinal bones back into place. This is often an ideal therapy for elder patients or those who may be new to chiropractic care.
- Drop Piece .Table : The drop table at Wholistic Health Centre features drop pieces that move slightly when an adjustment is applied to your body. This requires much less force be used, making the process very gentle and comfortable.
- SOT: Also know as Sacro – Occipital Technique – A technique meant to better normalise the pelvis and head, SOT involves the use of wedge-shaped ‘blocks’ to correct your spine and restore nervous system imbalances.
- Gonstead: Often referred to as the “gold standard” in chiropractic care, the Gonstead techniques utilises a small instrument that senses heat, identifying patterns of disturbance revealed by differences in temperature. Once your problem area is identified, focused adjustments can take place.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most of our patients find chiropractic adjustments to be relaxing and enjoyable, with many leaving feeling better than when they walked in. We don’t anticipate you’ll be in any additional pain after an adjustment—we hope it helps your body jump start the healing process!
An adjustment is generally quick and pain-free. Dependent upon the technique used for you, it may last anywhere from a few minutes to 15 minutes. We strive to keep you comfortable and relaxed the entire time.
That depends greatly on your unique problem. When you come in for an initial visit, we’ll go over your health history and find out exactly what’s causing the problem. Then, we can devise a unique care plan specific to your needs only. That way, your body will be receiving the exact care that it needs—no more, no less.
LEARN MORE TODAY
Wondering if you’re a candidate for natural chiropractic care? We’d love to invite you to our practice to learn more. Contact us today to book your first visit—we can’t wait to welcome you!